Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Born in Bologna on 24 March 1967. M.Sc.
(Laurea) in Civil Engineering, University of
- Ph.D. in Structural Engineering,
Imperial College, University of London, UK (1997).
- Assistant Professor of Structural
Mechanics, University of Parma (2000-2005).
- 2005-present Associate Professor of Structural
Mechanics, University of Parma.
- Author of more than 150 scientific
papers in refereed journals, proceedings of international conferences,
etc. According to Scopus (April 2014), he has 69 publications
(1996-2014), 778 citations and h-index=17.
- Academic Visitor: Department of Civil
Engineering, Imperial College, London (1997, 1999); Department of Mechanical
Science and Engineering, Kyushu University, (2000-2001); Department of
Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan, (2007).
- Participation to several domestic
(funded by the Italian Ministry of Education and by private companies) and
international research projects (funded by Europen
Community) since 1992. Coordinator of a project financed by the Italian
Ministry of Education (PRIN2009).
- Co-Editor of the book Biaxial/Multiaxial Fatigue and Fracture, Elsevier, 2003.
- Co-editor of Special Issues of the
journal Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the
journal Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures,
2004-, and of the journal Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 2013-.
- Secretary of Technical Committee Fatigue
of Engineering Materials and Structures, ESIS, 2000-.
- Corresponding Member of ECCS Technical
Working Group 8.4 'Stability of steel shells' 2004-.
- Member of the Executive
Committee of the Italian Group of Fracture, 2011-.